Officials Code of Conduct
***** YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR MEMBERSHIP and PARTICIPATION IN OUR EVENTS *****
Outlined below is the Code of Conduct for all Athletes and Support Personnel within the KICK International®, INCLUDING ALL MARTIAL ARTS UNDER JURISDICTION OF the SANCTIONING BODY, Code of Conduct.
I understand that my compliance with the Code is a requirement for my participation in KICK International®, INCLUDING ALL MARTIAL ARTS UNDER JURISDICTION OF the SANCTIONING BODY. I also recognize that this Code does not establish a complete set of rules that prescribe every aspect of appropriate behavior. Further, I:
- Will act in a manner consistent with the spirit of fair play and responsible conduct;
- Will recognize, respect and adhere to the authority of KICK International®, appointed coaches, and team leaders;
- Will attend all team functions, to include meetings, practices, press conferences, competitions, etc. unless excused or otherwise instructed by the team leader or UMMAF/KICK International® and designee;
- Will comply with KICK International®, for uniform requirements;
- Will be within 5 pounds of my competition weight;
- Will adhere to all curfews established by the team leader or KICK International®, and designee;
- Will maintain an appropriate level of fitness to promote optimal athletic performance;
- Will make every effort to perform to the best of my abilities;
- Will refrain from the use of performance-limiting drugs, including, all WADA banned substances, tobacco, and alcohol;
- Will refrain from using any substance on the listed USOC Anti-Doping Code or, banned substance list, as enforced by WADA and USADA, and will abide by the drug testing procedures of USADA, and WADA.
- Will abide by the policies and rules established by KICK International®.
- Will respect others, including my teammates, coaches, competitors, officials, and spectators;
- Will not engage in, nor tolerate, any form of verbal, physical or sexual abuse;
- Will respect the property of others;
- Will refrain from profanity and derogatory language that would reflect negatively on me and KICK International®,
- Will refrain from illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of me and KICK International®,
- Will refrain from engaging in any behavior that could detract from my ability, or my teammates’ ability, to perform optimally;
- Will maintain a positive attitude and act in a way that will bring honor to me, the team, KICK INTERNATIONAL, and the United States of America;
- Will limit socialization with members of the opposite sex to public areas, exceptions being immediate family members, members of KICK International®, delegation and/or other times as approved by the team leader;
- Will remember that I am an ambassador for KICK International®, my country, and the movement. Any member present during any violation of the Code of Conduct should leave the area immediately or be considered a participant by choice.
Disciplinary Procedures and Penalties
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct set forth in this document for KICK International® may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the penalties outlined in this agreement of the organization constitution and by-laws. Penalties could include:
- Immediate dismissal from the team and return home at athlete’s expense.
- With-holding of a portion or all stipend(s) received from KICK International®, etc.
- Suspension from KICK International, activities for a specified period
Violations requiring immediate action will be handled in accordance with KICK International®, constitution, and by-laws… Any appeal taken for disciplinary action rendered in an emergency hearing shall be to KICK International®, National Board of Review and will be conducted in accordance with the organization constitution and by-laws.
ACCEPTANCE I pledge to uphold the spirit of this Code, which offers a general guide to my conduct as a participant in a KICK International®, INCLUDING ALL MARTIAL ARTS UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE SANCTIONING BODY for any and all events I may participate in. I agree to follow the KICK International® Grievance Procedures if I am charged with violation of the Code. I have familiarized myself with the Code and understand that my acceptance of it, as signified by my signature below, is a condition of my membership in this KICK International® event.